Diploma in Adult Education
The Diploma in AdultPage tree Education program is being redesigned as a self directed learning program starting April 1, 2013. This self directed approach has been established so that you can complete your ADED courses in a continuous entry, self-paced fashion. In other words, you can start your courses at any time and complete your courses faster than the normal 8 weeks.
Applications are now being accepted for classes starting in April. Please contact the office (604-871-7000 ext 7499/7488) for further information.
- To register for a course, call the School of Instructor Education (SIE) at 604-871-7000 Ext. 7499/7488. It’s quick and efficient to register in this way.
- When you have registered, you will receive by email:
- Confirming message with details of how to proceed,
- ADED participant handbook that includes the course descriptions and the self-directed course assignments,
- Information on how to log into Moodle, where course-related information is kept and is available for you,
- A Learning Plan template.
- You will have up to eight weeks to complete a course.
- The first step will be to complete the learning plan and send it to the Program Advisor, who will follow up with you.
- There will be a check-in with the instructor at the four-week mark if the course assignments have not yet been submitted. This is a supportive check-in to see how everything is going. If you need any clarification or to get some advice, you can contact the advisor at any time.
- Your assignments will be submitted electronically, usually by email attachment. The assignments will come as one package, all at the same time.
- Grades will be returned within eight (8) weeks of submission.
The courses in the Adult Education Diploma are:
ADED 3301: Reflective Practice
ADED 3302: Developmental Psychology
ADED 3303: Technology in Education
ADED 3304: Educational Leadership
ADED 3306: Cooperative Learning
ADED 3401: Interactive Teaching and Learning
ADED 3403: Learning and the Brain
You will need to successfully complete all seven courses to receive the credential.