School of Instructor Education
Employment Criteria for Instructional Positions
BC Provincial Instructor Diploma
Certificate in Online/eLearning
Instructional positions require experienced, well trained faculty. When applying for a position, please provide the following in the submission of your qualifications and experience.
- Documentation of education: include a copy of your Master’s Degree or its equivalent.
- Documentation of completion of the Provincial Instructor Diploma or its equivalent.
- Seven to ten years instructional experience. Document the location, subject matters taught, frequency and duration of experience.
- Letters of reference. Provide three letters of reference from employers or supervisors that provide support for your application to teach in the Instructor Diploma Program.
- Instructional supervisory experience is an asset. Document the position you held as a department head, coordinator of instruction or any other role in which you were responsible for leading an instructional cadre.
- Identify the particular course or courses that you feel qualified to teach. Provide evidence of your experience that qualifies you to instruct a course. If you have taught a comparable course elsewhere, please identify the content, where it was taught and other relevant details.
- Provide a one page summation of the reasons which you feel qualify you to assume an instructional position in the Provincial Instructor Diploma or the Certificate in Online/eLearning.
- Document your membership in professional societies and organizations with particular reference to those concerned with education.
Please note that all employment is part-time, and instructors are hired on a course by course basis. If accepted for consideration, applicants will undergo a period of training which will include auditing courses on their own time as well as working with one or more core faculty on an on-going basis until the department is confident that the individual is able to work independently. Applicants are normally considered to instruct only one course at a time.